Before attending the convention, please read the rules below. These rules are simple and easy to follow. They exist to ensure that everybody attending, appearing at, and running Conapalooza have a safe and happy time.
1. Follow the Golden Rule! Just remember that everyone is here to have a good time. We want you have fun with fellow fans. We ask that you be courteous, polite and inoffensive (remember that we are an all-ages show before 9pm). Bullying or harassment of any kind will NOT be tolerated. All Conapalooza staff reserves the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you are behaving inappropriately. Cosplay is not consent. Ask before touching or photographing your fellow attendees.
2. Obey the weapon and cosplay policies! They are available for you to view on this page. I didn’t read it is NOT an acceptable excuse. Please no clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive or potentially dangerous manner will be confiscated. We expect you to use your best judgment and common sense. If your cosplay does not adhere to the cosplay policy you will be asked to change.
3. Please do not destroy hotel or convention center property. Meadowview has kindly allowed us to rent from them, we don’t want them to regret this decision. This helps to ensure that Conapalooza is invited back in coming years so that we can continue to produce a fun and affordable convention.
4. You must wear your membership badge at all times to be admitted to any convention function. It’s not fair to you if someone sneaks in for free. Keeping your badge visible allows staff to know right away that you are not a stowaway.
5. Conapalooza is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention days. We will have a lost and found, but we suggest that you don’t lose items in the first place.
6. Conapalooza and approved members of the press may take photographs or videos of attendees. We will use these for promotion or publication. When purchasing a badge you are inherently granting permission for this. However, those who are not staff or press are not allowed to take photographs or videos of other attendees without their permission first.
7. Per the hotels rules no outside food or drink is allowed to be brought into the convention center.
8. Only service animals are allowed in the convention center. No other animals are allowed inside the convention center for any reason.
9. Please do NOT tape or use other adhesives on the walls of the convention center. This even applies to painters tape.
10. Body paint … please be careful if your cosplay includes body paint. Properly seal your body makeup and be respectful of others. Do not damage merchandise or convention center or hotel property, this includes furniture. Do not get into the hotel pool or hot tub with body paint. If you are damaging property with your paint, you will be asked to take it off or leave.
11. Only smoke or use tobacco products in designated areas.
12. Our venue has a no pets rule. Only service animals are allowed.
*Conapalooza reserves the right to change these rules at anytime for any reason*